1. Science Trivia Series (“Trivia Series”) is sponsored by EMD Millipore Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803, and its affiliates (“Sponsor”). Sponsor will host various sessions (“Sessions”) of the Trivia Series between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Each Session may be based on individual play or team play at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
2. By participating in a Session, each participant (“Participant”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. Each Participant represents and warrants that their participation in the Trivia Series do not violate policies and procedures of their employer.
3. The following entities/individuals are not eligible to participate in the Trivia Series:
- Any local, state, provincial or federal or other government or government agency or any officials or employees thereof;
- Any affiliates of Sponsor or any employees of Sponsor or its affiliates and their immediate family and household members; and;
- Healthcare organizations (HCOs), including hospitals, healthcare professionals (HCPs) and employees thereof.
4. At each Session, Sponsor will award the following prizes(1):
|Individual-based Session||Team-based Session|
|1st place||One (1) $50 eGift card for myscigear.com merchandise||Each team member receives one (1) $50 eGift card for myscigear.com merchandise|
|2nd place||One (1) $25 eGift card for myscigear.com merchandise||Each team member receives one (1) $25 eGift card for myscigear.com merchandise|
|3rd place||One (1) $15 eGift card for myscigear.com merchandise||Each team member receives one (1) $15 eGift card for myscigear.com merchandise|
(1) Equivalent items may be substituted at the Sponsor’s discretion.
Odds of winning the Prizes during a Session depend on number of Participants in the Session and the skill of the Participants. No transfer, substitutions or cash equivalent for Prizes will be allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any and all prizes come with the standard warranty as described in the product or service documentation. Sponsor and its affiliates make no other warranties or representations whatsoever relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspects of the prizes. Each winner is solely responsible for all activation fees, service fees, taxes and other charges due on any prizes. Sponsor shall be responsible for shipping and handling charges related to delivery of any prizes to the winners.
5. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNING PARTICIPANTS.
6. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify Participants that violate these Rules, misrepresent themselves or provide misleading information to Sponsor. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Trivia Series and/or any Session is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent of the applicable law. Participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor.
8. If for any reason the Trivia Series or any Session is not capable of running as planned due to technical or administrative problems, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Trivia Series and/or any Session, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Trivia Series and/or any Session.
9. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE TRIVIA SERIES, PRIZE OR USE OF A PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or intervention, error, omission, interruption, detection, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site. By accepting a Prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates and agents from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use of a Prize or participation in Prize-related activities, and they shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by participating in the Trivia Series or winning a Prize. Participants agree that Sponsor shall have no liability for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner, or for any injuries, losses, or damages by reason of the Participant’s participation in the Trivia Series or use of the Prize.
10. Sponsor will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these rules, which shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Trivia Series and/or any Sessions or to make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions by Sponsor are final.
11. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Trivia Series, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
12. The Participants can obtain copies of the Rules at no charge by sending a request by email to email@example.com. Any other questions, concerns or queries shall be sent by e-mail to Sponsor at the same email address.